Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Memory Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siltharan
Officer

re: The Future of Courserrim

Thanks to everyone who has nominated and volunteered to help lead and grow our kin. Everyone has been amazing in helping us find our legs in LOTRO and make this an awesome kin and community. That being said, it's finally time to reveal our next course of action.

Briallan, Trower and I have been discussing the kin's future for the past few days. We are still a small kin relative to other more active groups on LOTRO, and the involvement in our search for leadership, while encouraging, has left us some changes to be made. We intended to create three leadership positions, plus several officers based on gameplay time and location. Based on the nominations, here's our list of nominees:

Leader:

Siltharan

Briallan

Trower (Withdrawn)

Officer:

Trower (Website maintenance)

Pinestro

Brunwing

Gilhilde

Duiloras

Given the number of people who have volunteered or accepted nominations in this process, it is unnecessary to hold elections at this point. In order to grow our kin and help us move along, we need to create a solid frame of leadership and officers to show to the rest of Landroval and LOTRO all that we can be.

In a discussion with Trower and Briallan, we decided that Bri and I would become co-leaders of the kin, and Trower would become one of our officers responsible for website maintenance and other duties. Only a leader and a successor are recognized within LOTRO, designations that will largely be unimportant with our co-leadership. We decided that I shall step up as the designated leader through LOTRO's kin system, and Briallan shall be the successor. We are looking forward to helping Courserrim grow and become a great kin in the LOTRO community, and are excited for this opportunity!

All of the officers who were nominated or stepped up to volunteer will be considered officers of the kin, pursuant to the details in our policies. Thank you again for your help in building and improving our community! We will still keep officer and leadership positions open, and fill them as we grow and as people continue to volunteer their services.

There will be threads forthcoming for each of our leaders and officers to introduce themselves to the kin and present their ideas for the future of Courserrim. As we started out, we shall continue to be a kin led by group discussion and decision-making, and everyone will have a valuable role from this point forward in building this kin into what we all hope it can become.

Forth Courserrim!

Thoronmir/Dinenthor

Glad to see the leadership take shape.  Today, I transferred the in-game Leader position to Siltharan.  Only one person can hold that position.  But if the plan is to have co-leaders, Siltharan can now promote Briallan to Successor (which gives a smaller shiny crown icon and would automatically make Briallan the Leader if Siltharan ever leaves the Kinship).

I also removed all my alts from the Kinship.  They were just acting as place-holders when I formed the Kinship.  Finally, Eowirth has also resigned from the Kinship and will rejoin one of my personal kinships.

I really enjoyed getting to meet you all and am glad to have helped get the Courserrim underway.  It's in good hands.

Feel free to contact me in-game if anyone needs anything.

~Dinenthor/Eowirth

Progrocker

Guys 

thx for all the effort and hard work for setting up Courserrim. My natural tendency is to lurk and as Glumranfroth is at 85 and my only character I didn't too to many of the course group activities. Hopefully, will get involved in more as people level up but in the meantime you all have my full support.

Cheers

Glum

Siltharan
Officer

Glum,

Thanks for posting! I'm taking it slow with Silth (and, admittedly, my other toons are being neglected as I've gone away from questing lately) so it might be a while before I get to play with you, but thanks for offering your support.

Silth

Briallan
Officer

This seems to be an issue that any kin would face, not just us: even if a kin started with characters at the same level, eventually they will level up and recruit lower level characters, with the result that high-level members will generally be into content that isn't accessible yet by lower members. There are a few areas where characters of various levels can work together on the same content:

• creeping
  • Helm's Deep battles (correct me if I'm wrong, but even level 10 characters can participate in these, from what I've read)
  • band activities

The problem is that most of the above items are peripheral to the main game activities of questing and leveling -- some people enjoy them a lot, others have zero interest in them. Of course more experienced players can help out less experienced players -- while this is appreciated, I can see that it's not very exciting for the experienced players (and also not very challenging for a level 10 to get thru a quest only because he had the help of an 85).

I wonder, how do other kins handle this? I'm sure it's not an issue unique to our kinship. I wonder if the only real solution is to have a large enough kin (or group of associated kins) so that they are sufficient characters at all levels to cooperate in activities specific to the various levels.

Siltharan
Officer

I won't be getting HD (at least for a while) so that's out. Creeping and band activities, as well as crafting assistance are various ways to help out and participate without having to kill (relatively) super low level mobs for the lower leveled players. After last night, I think I'm going to try to build contacts with other kins and such to get their experiences with issues like this, as I had a nice conversation with one member of a RP community where they confirmed some of my concerns about running a kin and keeping everyone active and participating. :)

Pinestro

I run a relatively small kin of Windfola so have some experience in this matter.

One thing I've found that helps is having day/night set aside for specific things, like group instances, skirmishes etc It gives people something to aim for to get as many online at the same time and you can decide on the content level depending who shows up. These things can be marked up on the calendar to remind people and mentioned in the kin note in game.

Pine

Briallan
Officer

Thanks for the tips, Pine! -- we've kind of started putting stuff on the calendar -- some events get more interest than others -- the idea of setting the message of the day is something we don't do, but we should (I don't think we've changed it in several months)!

Siltharan
Officer

I think we've definitely had success with having a regular band meeting Sunday nights (though now work may keep me from having any regular meeting schedule for the next month!), so perhaps we should extend that to other events... Not only our concerts, but other things too. Make them a weekly thing.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> The Memory Vault All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: