Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Coursehood and Kin Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Briallan
Officer

re: Kinship House

Hey everybody, sometime around mid-December, the Courserrim kinship will finally be eligible to buy a kinhouse!

So the first issue is, where should it be? Please respond if you have a preference, and tell us why you think it should be there. After people have discussed their preferences and reasoning, we'll have a poll and decide based on majority vote.

Brunraen has volunteered to oversee and coordinate decorations once we get the house, so I think we are in good hands there!

As far as funding the initial purchase, we are accepting donations to our housing fund. Please send any donations to Lampedas, who is our kinship banker. I know he's honest and reliable, as I had a chat with him yesterday, and he's helping me invest my funds in a new Mithril mine in ... hmm ... where was that now .. Mordor I think ... that should be safe ...

Well, anyway we will need about 14 - 17 gold to buy the house. So far, the housing fund stands at 1.1 gold, thanks to generous donations from Siltharan and Hobbelion! (Well, actually, those weren't exactly DONATIONS but fines for making bad puns .. or was it good puns .. well, ANY pun is a bad pun, right?)

Last edited by Briallan on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Siltharan
Officer

My initial thought was to have the house in Bree-land, just because it's near a hub of activity and is relatively easy to get to for most starting races. However, heading out from that area takes time, considering there's no nearby stable. I've heard from Brunraen and others that the dwarven area is easier as far as being near crafting halls and a stable, but I'll let them plead their case. :)

Trower

I live in Dwarf housing now and can vouch for it's convenient proximity to the Stables and a Crafting area. I'm not crazy about the ambiance though. It really doesn't matter to me where our house is located. 

Gilhilde

It is nice to have the kinship house in dwarf territory to act as an extra port. I think all the other housing areas are far away from everything. I have my personal house in dwarf land, so it wouldn't help me, but for most members I think it would be helpful, especially if the kinship house is located close to the entrance to the housing area. That said, both hobbit and elf areas seem to please people more aesthetically. I have no real preference myself.

Hobbelion

I think Dwarvish housing is interesting, but the outdoor ambiance kind of sucks. Elvish housing in general isn't that great, but would like to see the kinship house. In any case, they're not exactly in a great location as well (probably the worst). I haven't seen the hobbit houses so I'll check that out. These are my initial thoughts while I'm waiting for LOTRO to load.

Bluestjuice

I admit, I chose the location for my personal house (Elvish) in part based on the old guild's Bree-town guild house location, to diversify my options a little. It is, however, true that the Bree homestead is inconveniently placed. As far as ambiance, I rather like the Dwarvish design, but I also like the Hobbits. I don't feel strongly about the location, I guess. I do feel strongly about getting a house, and will throw some money at it once the game finishes downloading 5 million patches.

Albertine_Courserrim

I have my personal house in the Hobbit housing area near Michel Delving and while it does take a minute or two to run to town for stables and crafting, it is a handy central point between the Dwarf & Elf starting areas and Bree, plus it's not too far north to get to Evendim. It's also fairly convenient for Festivals as the race track is right outside.

I have had a house in Bree in the past, but I find it easier to have my milestone in Bree and my house in Michel Delving as between the two of those, you're fairly close to everything in the earlier stages of the game. So it would be a good place potentially if you're envisioning a lot of lower level members using it. Maybe not so much for higher levels though.

Siltharan
Officer

Aesthetically (since I actually have a house in MD), I really don't care much for the hobbit houses, especially as an elf. :P Haven't really taken a look at dwarf housing, but I plan to the next chance I get.

Gilhilde

That's a good point about the festivals Albertine. I've never had a hobbit house, and I think it would be fun.

Albertine_Courserrim

Obviously it won't have the same functionality and look as a kinship house, but if people want to have a look at the hobbit housing and get a feel for the area, then I'd be happy to open my house to kin members who want to compare the different areas.

EDIT: All kin members now have visit permissions on my house at 2 Pleasant Street, Appledore in Michel Delving. Watch out for the troll!

Last edited by Albertine_Courserrim on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trower

My House in Dwarf-ville is open to the Kin if you want to take a looksie. 2 Anvilsong Rd Skoldorf. In the door quick right up the stairs, 1st joint on the left. Don't mind the mess.

Ice Weasel

As folks know front he band rehearsals, the Northern Lights kin house is in Bree Homesteads. Certainly big, with a lot of decoration hooks. It is just far enough from Bree-town to be a minor pain. (Petitions for stables at the various homestead locations keep getting sent up to the Developers.)

I have a personal house in the Elven area, which fits most of my characters (I'm elf-heavy), but is a real pain for being the furthest away from anything. I like the look, but it's not convenient to anywhere without the port skill. 

Ultimately, the dwarf area may be the best.  Cheap rides to Michel Delving and Bree-town Westgate are right there, and there's always a festival horse at the Thorin's Gate stable for those events that have instances (like Yulefest, races, Treasure Hunt, etc.). I haven't really looked at a Kinship House in the dwarf homesteads, so I can't comment on the space or decor. But, really, after the sixth or tenth ale, the decor is just as blurry no matter where you pick 

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Tacie
TacieCourserrim

For all the practical reasons stated a dwarf area Kin House sounds great to me. Even though all the dwarf dwelling I have seen so far make me feel a bit... well... dwarfed. 

Briallan
Officer

Haha, yes, some of the structures in Dwarf-land are quite imposing, even if you are a taller that a Hobbit!

Trower

I'd also like to mention the thing I find most bothersome in Dwarf Housing is the Bank location. There is a Bank in the market area of the housing area, which isn't bad to get too depending on house location, but there is no bank in the craft annex close to the Housing entrance.

Just thought I should mention this before any decisions are made.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Coursehood and Kin Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: