Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Next Remediators Concert

Here are some proposals for our next concert(s):

Proposal #1 - Ages of Rock Concert Series

Rock n roll from the 50's to the 10's with the Remediators. (get it? Rock of Ages -> Ages of Rock? Isn't Briallan clever? Not really, there was a BBC show on this theme, Briallan has discovered)

Concert #1 50's to 70's

summertime blues 1958  bri
I'm looking thru you 1965  bri
reaper 1976  bri
Peace of Mind 1977  bri
Beast of Burden 1978  bri
Just What  I Needed 1978  bri
message in a bottle 1979  hobbs
dancing queen (1st encore) 1976  bri
Hotel California (2nd encore)* 1977  bri

* - this is 7-parter, so would need to add one of my alts

Concert #2 80’s to 10’s

Uptown Girl 1983  dend
Pride 1984  hobbs
Living on a Prayer 1986  silth
Sweet Child of Mine 1988  hobbs
Losing My Religion 1991  bri
Crazy 2007  bri
Grenade 2010  krohkur
TBD (encore)   

Proposal #2 Traditional music concert

We could do a public concert consisting largely of the songs we played at the graduation party. This might be boring for Hobbs and Krohkur, but these are new for everyone else. We might score points with role-players if we did some traditional stuff.

Fermoy Lasses [Connaught Rangers]
Down by the Sally Gardens
Behind the Haystack
A Roving
Bard Dance
Kilgary Mountain [Whiskey in the Jar]
Greenland Fisheries
Water is Wide (encore)

Freebird would be a special encore for all concerts in case requested specifically

-----

Let me know what you think, so that we can plan what to focus on for the next band meetup.

Siltharan
Officer

I'm happy with whatever we decide on. I'm just a little occupied with work, and schedules are going to suck for the next month! lol I'll try to join in where possible, but I may be taking a temporary hiatus from most scheduled events. :)

Hobbelion

My priority would be on the Holiday Concert. We should schedule a week for that then see a date that would work out for all of us once Silth knows his schedule more.

As for in between, I guess we can do the rock concert at least one of them. I don't mind doing a traditional concert at some point, but I think the rock concert would be more exciting.

Ice Weasel

I'm on board for any and all.

Are we planning on a meet on Sunday?  

As for the actual concerts... It's great when we can advertise them, like we've been doing, but if Silth's schedule is wonky we can always have tentative dates and places, and come the time, shout out in the public channels ahead of the gig. That seems to work for some of the more impromptu groups around.  If we at least have agreement on a playlist (or even just candidates, knowing that the tunes are decent before they go on the "ready" list) then we can almost program on the fly... It's a tad shaky when we are between songs as we get the next queued up, but it isn't terrible. 

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

Yeah, Krohkur, we ARE planning on the usual meetup on Sunday -- wanted to get people's opinion on concert ideas so that I had some idea of what the agenda should be for the meetup, since we usually run thru stuff we are planning to do for next concert. So far, it is leaning toward rock, based on expressions of interest so far in the thread.

Will do a shoutout and agenda update tomorrow prior to meetup.

Ice Weasel

Awesome. 

As for the concerts to come, One a week may be ambitious, maybe scale to one every two weeks?  

I think the Rock themes work great; We can start thinking about Holiday, but we've got a few weeks to worry about the set list for that. (I also think that we ought to have more Holiday tunes than we'd normally do in a concert, so we could do some impromptu playing around Yulefest, maybe have set lists for trios, quartets, quintets, and ... more. )

I'll be sure I've downloaded and updated Songbook. 

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

Yes, that was my feeling as well about Yuletide -- we could certainly have a holiday "concert," but I also thought we could play several smaller-scale gigs as well, maybe impromptu. I think audiences might enjoy it, and I think many holiday songs could be arranged effectively for a smaller group of people than we usually play with, as you suggest.

I'm fine with doing concerts on whatever schedule people are comfortable with. In fact, it seems most people are currently focusing on Helm's Deep -- both the new content, and the head-scratching that has been wreaked by the trait/class changes -- so certainly people might want to do less music for the time being.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: