Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan
Officer

re: Quickslot shortcuts for band activity

Ah, one more thing about concerts in general: one problem I have had is that, if the songbook gets "confused" and stops working as expected, it can be a lot of typing to unload plugins, load the songbook then show the songbook again. One thing you can do is to set up keyboard shortcuts on the quickslot bar to execute these commands (this is a trick I learned from Krokhur regarding winning dance contests, but it applies to anything that's tedious to type but you want to be able to execute it quickly)

For example, the following commands will put the required musical commands onto the left 3 slots of the shift row of your quickslot bar:

/shortcut 37 /plugins unload

/shortcut 38 /plugins load songbook

/shortcut 39 /songbook toggle

So, if you have to fix things in a hurry during a concert, you can do it by just clicking instead of typing these commands! See this article for the appropriate numbers to substitute for 37, 38 and 39 above, to put these commands into different locations on your quickslot bar.

Last edited by Briallan on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ice Weasel

re: Quickslot shortcuts for band activity

Well caught, Bri!

I've noticed Songbook sometimes loses the "alias" attached to a button. You can reload the button manually, but unless it's the one that is just "/music", it is a horrible hodge-podge of code. Reloading it is by far simpler, and more effective for more "breaks". 

(Another great trick for a quickslot is: /follow . I keep that on a quickslot as it is one command that, when needed is usually needed in a hurry!)

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: