Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Raventrick

re: Yuletide Concert

Both dates work for me. My computer and I have both recovered from our illnesses 

Mirubea

re: Holiday Music Concert(s)

Once the band figures out the concert schedule, will you be putting them on the calendar? I enjoy using that feature to look for events! ;P

Briallan
Officer

Yup, Mirubea, it's always our intention to put any such events on the calendar -- only reason it wouldn't happen is due to some oversight, but I THINK we've always put them on the calendar so far...  I will update the calendar this afternoon/evening when we finalize the dates, times and places.

Briallan
Officer

OK, since no further feedback and we are getting close to Wednesday, here is what I propose, based mostly on Krokhur's feedback on what seems most practical way to proceed:

Concert 1 - Wed, Dec. 18, 845PM (server time) Bree South Gate

• concert of mixed jazzy and traditional numbers
  • expected attendees: Hobbelion, Hobbedoc, Raventrick, Siltharan, Krokhur and my 4 alts (totalling 9, so we can play up to 8-part numbers, with 1 alt for emergency fill-in)
  • I would like to start at 845PM rather than the usual 9PM so we don't run over past the start of another band playing in south Bree starting at 930 PM)
  • this is not perhaps the BEST date/time for a concert from the point of view of many people heading over to the start of the Yuletide festival, but it IS the date/time we can get the most band members together

Concert 2 - Sun, Dec. 22, 9PM (server time) Bree Prancing Pony

• traditional music only -- lore-friendly for benefit of the role-players who often frequent the Bree Fountain area who may wish to attend
  • expected attendees: same as Wednesday except not known if Siltharan can make it (totaling 8 or 9, playing only 6-part numbers, with 2-3 alts for emergency fill-in)

I will publish the setlists and upload the songs to a single folder sometime in advance of the concerts, hopefully in time for feedback.

I am totally open to participating in somewhat impromptu concerts at Frostbluff over the next week with 1 or more of my alts, but we can discuss details on that later, on the website or in-game chat

Band members, please check one more time to verify that the above dates and times work for you! If I don't get any objections, I will announce the dates/times over the various media by 9PM today server time (6PM west coast US). Anyone else who would like to play on either of these dates other than the above named characters, please let me know and we can fit you into the lineup :)

Ice Weasel

Sounds good, all around, Bri.

As of now, I've put the following new files in my Holiday folder in the dropbox:

Adeste4 = Adeste Fidelis, four parts, uptempo (Flute, Horn, Bagpipe, Drums)

deck2 = Two part Deck The Halls. a bit minimalist, but good in a pinch. (Lute, Harp)

Gentlemen3 = God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen for 3 parts (Lute, Flute, Flute2)

Hollyivy3 = Holly and the Ivy, trio (Lute, Lute2, Flute)

JzzCarolMed4 = Jazzy Medley of Carols, quartet (Lute, Flute, Horn, Drums)

lookalot4 = It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, quartet (and a Looooong title) (Lute, Theo, Flute, Clari)

WassailBag1 = Wassail Song for solo Bagpipe

Wassail2 = Wassail Song for duo (Lute/Flute)

Wassail4 = Wassail Song for quartet  (Lute, Lute2, Flute, Horn)

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Siltharan
Officer

Wednesday is perfect! Sunday, however, not so much... I don't have my official schedule, but my boss told me I'll probably be working Sunday and Monday night until 12:30am CT... Blargh! That makes all 4 nights the store's open until midnight that I work. Sucks a big one. Have fun at the second concert. :)

Dendrolis

I should be able to make Wednesday - but I'm traveling sometime (not quite sure when yet - sorting the details still) over the weekend or next week.

Dend

Here is my proposed set list for tomorrow. Unfortunately, we have way too many songs to play for a half hour concert, and I cut stuff based mostly on such factors as how audience-friendly I think the various songs are, and, in some cases, length. Here is what I propose as the set for the 'modern' holiday concert for Wednesday. Since we have a good number of people planning to play Wednesday, it's a good opportunity to try a few 7 and 8-parters that we don't usually have the opportunity to play:

ABC                                                         parts   length

wntrwndr 5 1:12
Rudolph 6 2:16
XmasPlsCmHome 8 2:32
LitteXmasVG 8 4:33
Cold_Outside 7 3:07
Santa Baby 7 3:20
nightsantawentcrazy 7 3:49
Sarajevo 6 3:23
weneed1 6 2:44
Sleighride (encore) 6 2:44

Honestly, though, we might have to cut even one of these, since I think the length of the concert is kind of pushing it. If I cut one of your songs that you badly wanted to play, and you want it added back, let me know ... but you have to tell me what you would cut in it's place and why you think it's an improvement :) .. I really hesitate to add more songs .. we have too much stuff because you guys are too creative!

I'm not gonna assign parts until tomorrow so you have a bit of time to scrutinize this list -- I will assign parts tomorrow afternoon.

If you guys are still feeling creative, remember we have the 'traditional' concert coming up on Sunday, so think of some songs that would fit for that .. I may come up with some more myself....:)

Ice Weasel

Looks good to me!

I think we do a good job judging the mood of the crowd, too... so we stop when we should, or go for the extra if the mood is right. Play it by ear, I guess. 

Briallan
Officer

Here is a link to the songs for this evening's concert (Wed., 12/18) -- please download them -- they are numbered in order, so I would clear out your dropbox before downloading, or put them all in a separate folder so that you can access them in numerical order.

Songs are numbered in order, though we will certainly not play all of these tonight -- some are for encore or emergency situations.

The list of who plays which part is now up in the File Library of the Gallery (12_18_setlist.xslx) -- it's the only file there, so it shouldn't be hard to find :) Instrument changes from song-to-song are noted in yellow on the sheet, just like last concert. Please check out this spreadsheet and make sure you have and can play the instruments you are listed for.

Concert starts at 845PM, not the usual 900PM, so please plan accordingly! Expected attendees are: Dendroc, Hobbelion, Hobbedoc, Siltharan, Raventrick, Krokhur, Briallan and Ringolion, with Brytford and Siggarek hanging around for emergency fill in.

Siltharan
Officer

For reference now and later: The 2nd lute part of sarajevo is going to be a bagpipe. :)

Ice Weasel

Setlist is missing part assignments on the last three songs... lookalot4, JzzCarolMed4, and Freebird... First two are 4 parts, and we have a Freebird assignment in the last setlist, I think.

Silth, do you mean that there is a fresher version of Sarajevo we all need to download?

Briallan
Officer

the lack of parts for the last 3 songs is intentional since I don't intend to play them, and since I don't know if and when they will be played, I didn't put any part assignments.

Briallan
Officer

I have uploaded 5 more songs to my yuletide folder:

• Adeste Fideles
  • Coventry Carol 2
  • God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman -- without the samba influence this time :)
  • O Come O Come Emmanuel
  • Riu Riu Chiu 5

They are basically medieval-style carols suitable (IMHO) to round out our existing repertoire for the "lore-friendly" concert on Sunday. Check 'em out!

Briallan
Officer

Added a few more medieval-styled holiday songs:

• Remember Thou O Man
  • We Wish you a merry Christmas (yeah, this really IS an old one...)

Also a more modern version of Ode To Joy (from Beethoven's 9th). This one is not yet ready for prime time, since it's not volume-tweaked yet, but I was thinking it might be fun to play for New Years (apparently it's a tradition to play this song for New Years in some places, like Japan maybe someplace else)

All in the same location as previous post.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: