Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Briallan
Officer

re: New Year's Day Concert

OK, band members, who's up for a New Year's Day concert? I was stuck awhile on issue of "what is a new year's day song," but I think I got that figured out:

Ode to Joy (Chorale from Beethoven's 9th -- traditional in Japan) -- got a midi

Strauss Waltzes (traditional in Austria) - fininshed roses from the south, almost done with Blue Danube, finished Danube Waves (by ivanovici not strauss but it's awesome and everyone thinks its a strauss waltz anyway)

New Year's Day by U2 (there might be some other well-known new year rock songs, but I think this is the biggie?)

and of course Auld Lang Syne which Silth did recently.

We could also play the Hallelujah Chorus again and for encores if any just play a bunch of stuff not particularly new year related that we haven't had a chance to play yet.

Anyone else have stuff they want to remediate that would be a good new year's song? We don't have a problem with not having enuf material, just of question of whether people want to do it. Though maybe you guys want to watch football lol.

Please reply if you want to play a concert on New Years -- I'm free any time, but we prolly don't want to play over Bright Star who has a concert at 930pm EST, and since I hope most of y'all have the day off anyway, so maybe even do it at 3PM EST?

Ice Weasel

I'm up for it!

Anything dealing with rebirth, renewal, that sort of thing would work. Your suggestions are fine, I'd think.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Briallan
Officer

might also add California Dreaming and Hazy Shade of Winter. Aaaahhh this sucks!!!  ... caught a bad cold xmas shopping and been hanging around the house for the last three days going nuts. At least I got some music done and got closer to those abominable snow beast boots I've been wanting ...

Ice Weasel

Heh... those boots are nice. I have the boots and cloak on one character. What I really want is a robe or tunic/pants made from Snowbeast. 

Briallan
Officer

Yes, exactly! I'm trying to find a nice white outfit to wear with them that DOESN'T cover those darn boots! Hmm ... gotta do some research I guess .. any pointers from you fashionistas would be appreciated about what kind of ensemble I might assemble around themmm.

Ice Weasel

Most "Tunic and Pants" outfits have their own boots that show up... To really show footwear off, look to robes. the shorter robes allow separate pants, but also let you show off your own boots. 

Siltharan
Officer

Sounds good! I'll be off that day. :)

Ice Weasel

For costuming, let's go with a Tuxedo/Evening Gown look... or as close as we can get. 

Everyone ought to have the Tuxedo-looking male outfit (I think it's called "Fancy Tunic and Pants"), but may have it in Orange from the Halloween concert. If you need Black Dye, let me know here or in game ASAP.  The Evening Gown look is one we have used as well... I think that is an "Elven Gown" or something like that... if any of the ladies need one, let me know (again ASAP) and I'll hunt one down. Color-wise, maybe as pictured, or white? If you need white dye... yep, "let me know ASAP". 

Briallan
Officer

Ok, we are going with 5PM EST on New Year's Day. We currently have a skeleton crew of band members, so if any other band members besides Siltharan, Korkhur and myself can make it, it would be a bonus. Also if anyone NEW wants to join the band, this would be a great time (we could sync up in-game ahead of time to get you all set up and ready to play).

I think the costumes are appropriate -- the only thing I am wondering about is the color for the ladies -- if the idea is to make them look like an orchestra, they should be in black like the men. If the idea is to make them look like guests at a ball, they should be different colors for different ladies. I am leaning toward black, though I already have all the dye I need for either direction.

What I am working on for the set is the following for the main theme:

Blue Danube, Roses from the South, Danube Waves (Viennese waltzes)

California Dreaming

Hazy Shade of Winter

New Year's Day (U2)

Auld Lang Syne

.. for any encores we can play Hallelujah Chorus, plus a bunch of alternative and rock numbers we've approved in meetup but never got around to playing yet.

I'm proposing we do it at West Bree Gate to pick up random swift travelers to and from Frostbite.

I will announce this later tonite thru the channels (not the actual setlist though), so please give me any feedback today if you have any additional thoughts.

Dendrolis

I should be able to make a New Years' day concert at 5pm EST.

Oh! Of course, black for ladies, too, for the Concert Hall look... hmm... I'll look and see how those dresses dye in black.  Might need a different dress. 

Song selection works for me... 

Briallan
Officer

Excellent! Glad you can join us, Dend!

Ice Weasel

How's this for "concert Formal" for the ladies?

This is an "Extravagant Festival Dress" dyed black in my Wardrobe. If you all like it, I'll dye the actual dress, then mail it along to Briallan then she can mail it to Raven.

Briallan
Officer

Yeah that one look nice -- lets go with that! Which of your character's should get it back?

Ice Weasel

Any of them, is fine... I think Cynnabon will keep it, Myopique is running out of room. Girls need bigger closets....

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: