Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Briallan
Officer

re: The Remediators at Winterstock Festival

Hi all,

The Remediators have received an invitation from the Lonely Mountain Band to perform at their upcoming Winterstock Festival, where many bands from Landroval and other servers will perform over the course of four days (Jan 17 to Jan 20th) -- Martin Luther King Day weekend. The possible dates and times that are still open are:

• Saturday (Jan. 18) 9PM
  • Sunday (Jan. 19) 8PM
  • Monday (Jan. 20) 8PM

I will pick whatever date we can get the most band members to appear. Band members (or people who aren't yet band member but would like to perform!) please let me know which of these dates would work for you. I would like to get back to the organizers in a couple days. I have already talked to Siltharan and Krokhur, so I would love to hear from the rest of you if you can make it. Should be a lot of fun!!

Siltharan
Officer

Sunday will work best for me, though my schedule's up in the air, as usual.

Ice Weasel

Yes, any and all work for me. I'll be tickled like a baby at a grandma convention to go with whatever works for everyone else. 

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Hobbelion

Would prefer Monday night, but Sunday might work as well. It's a holiday weekend so it is possible that I could go out on Sunday late.

Drew

Trower

Congrats!! What an honor to be invited. You guys have done a great job putting this band together and I know you ALL put in a lot of work, but after the New Years Concert I have to single out Briallan for going above and beyond. Good Job Bri!

Briallan
Officer

Thanks, Trower! By the way, we have an opportunity to do a second performance at Winterstock during a longer-than-usual slot as guests of Les Beux Chapeaux. This would be Sunday night at 10PM EST (in addition to whatever other performance we do).

So, since Krokhur and I can do any date/time it seems, I am going to accept this second opportunity, plan on doing some 4-5 part lore-friendly stuff and fill out the remaining parts with alts as needed. Silth, I am hoping that 10 PM Sunday will be late enough so that you can do that date - please let me know.

Also, based on the above discussion, I will tell the organizers that we can do the Monday 8PM slot for our main performance-- since Hobbs and his 2 toons can make that, we should have enough people (with alts) to fill out a 6-part band.

Thanks everyone for supporting us so far! We are always recruiting band members, so please let us know if anyone not currently in the band wants to join us at Winterstock. (it's really not that hard, and we have plenty of time to prepare!).

Last edited by Briallan on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ice Weasel

Excellent news, Bri!

As for recruiting:  Seriously, if you can install a plug-in (and that's a very simple process), and push a couple on-screen buttons, you can play music with The Remediators! We use a plug-in named "Songbook" which does all the work on loading long file locations and names, and makes it all very simple. 

We have Minstrels able to train you on any instrument, and we can give you step-by-step help in getting Songbook going. If you want to take it to the next level and work on transcribing your own music files from MIDI files, we can help with that.  The ultimate step is recording original MIDIs, but we haven't done that yet, any of us.  The point is, you do as much as you want, and the only real goal is to have fun!

Siltharan
Officer

Yep, that'll work for Sunday. Monday is up in the air, of course. :)

Raventrick

re: Winterstock Festival

Sunday is best for me as well!

Ice Weasel

I am suggesting we do this look:

That's a Dress and Tunic/Pants from the Yulefest.  I have both items, and they are as you see em, so no dye required. 

If everyone likes the look, I'll start mailing them around for Wardrobes.

I do have stacks of white dye if someone has something crisper for ladies and gents, I can distribute those, too.

Briallan
Officer

I like the idea of doing something winter-themed for Winterstock. I also like the idea of doing something white -- what do these look like when they are dyed white? I do like the outfit, but the only thing I hesitate about is this: we are going to be performing on the last day of the festival -- I wonder if other bands are going to go with this outfit (since, it's sort of a natural choice, being winter, huh)? I don't want to look like some other band who has gone on ahead of us. Though, it would be way too much work to scout everyone and decide at the last minute I imagine... What do other people think? I am prolly being too picky as usual lol.

Ice Weasel

I wanted to go with rarer outfits in white... These were a compromise for me. They look whiter in game, but not "snowy white".  I have a great dress in my wardrobe, but am having trouble running it down in my actual vaults. I may have trashed it. Men's clothing in white is iffy, too... not finding anything that strikes me yet.

I'll keep looking, though.

Ice Weasel

I found the dress I was looking for!

This is a nice White/Gold look. Ceremonial Dress (in white, cannot dye), and Reveller's Gilded Tunic and Trousers (dyed White). I have both, can send dyed (The men's tunic... the dress is as is, can't be changed). 

This better for our Winterstock outfits?

Briallan
Officer

I really like the white/gold. What do other people think?

Siltharan
Officer

Love it! :)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: