Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Briallan
Officer

re: Valentine's Day Concert

Here are some locations we are considering for V-day concert. First is 5 Waterbank Road in Falathorn, which is a kinhouse we have been offered use of:

A second possible location is Methel Stage in Shire between Bywater and Tuckborough -- chairs may or may not get in the way of dancing. Nice view looking away from stage over the Shire:

Ice Weasel

You beat my uploads for the Methel Stage.. 

Here are some of the other places we talked about.

Celondim Docks:

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Ice Weasel

Celondim Festival Area

Last edited by Ice Weasel on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ice Weasel

Duillond Festival Area

Ice Weasel

My thoughts on some of these...

The Celondim Docks are interesting, but there are a LOT of NPCs there, and it's a traffic area as people try to do quests and so on. Less so, now, maybe... since training doesn't mean having to see your mentor. The Minstrel Trainer there keeps playing his lute, which could be a distraction. Further out on the docks is interesting, but most of the audience would have to tread water... I'd say, think on this one, and try to solve some of the drawbacks for a future concert. 

I like both festival areas for Celondim and Duillond. Raised areas to perform from, and some nice pillars-and-flowers for a great Valentines Day look. Celondim is the "cheap Swift stable" in the area, and Duillond is a stable ride or short walk down the road from there. Duillond's festival area is right below the stable, so maybe easier to find for new folks... but Celondim's area (up a hill from the main town) doesn't need the second ride/walk.

I like the Methel Stage on principle, but I think a Sweetheart Ball is better elsewhere. (Incidentally, the Methel Stage is where The Starlight Orchestra plans on doing their performances.)

The Kin House offered is nice, and the area pretty... While it is a generous offer, I wonder if the idea of ease of location might not work contrary to this one. I'm less certain of my opinion here, either pro or con.

Briallan
Officer

I think we should go for romantic look and ease of access, which seems to point to the Celondim or Duillond festival areas -- of the two I think Celondim seems most accessible so I guess I prefer that. Other thoughts?

Siltharan
Officer

I agree with Celondim. :)

Ice Weasel

Ered Luin Coordinates: [29.2S, 92.6W]

Come check it out, before we set it in stone. Kind of hard to find (NOT in Celondim proper, up the hill, not marked).

Briallan
Officer

Right, I got lost as I headed NW from the stable master to get up the hill  - We may have to post directions with the publicity: "from the Celondim stable master, head due south, up the hill and thru the gate"

But it is very pretty -- you could argue that it's worth the trip. We won't pick up any casual passersby of course.

It's actually 29.3S,92.6W once you actually arrive there over the bridge if you want to be picky :)

I am inclined to go for it.

Ice Weasel

I've been thinking.... (yeah,yeah, I hear the chorus of "STOP THAT!!")

If the Celondim area is hard to find, let's USE that.  

The adverts, in LOTRO-Artists, LOTRO-Players, the official LOTRO Landroval forum... do a different one every day or two:

"Remediated Love  is near."

"Can You Hear The Love? Soon."

"Cupid will be near Celondim."

"Love can be hard to find. Find some up the hill to the south of Celondim."

"Heartsong can be heard February 14th."

"Not only the lonely will come to [29.3S, 92.6W] near Celondim in Ered Luin on February 14th at (can't rememeber) o'Clock Servertime. Lovers will, too."

Okay, they need some polish, but the idea is a teaser campaign, leading up to the big announcement. Make finding the concert fun, if not easy.

Briallan
Officer

Yeah, I maybe had something like that in the back of my mind... though it never made it out into something I could express. I like that idea that the announcement seems to make it more inclusive ... not just couples. I think we are gonna go for 9PM. You are much better with words than I am so I don't know if I can help 'polish' it. I think we could go with this concept when you have it down. Other people's thoughts?

Ice Weasel

Okay, here are six "teasers". If we start dropping them on websites and in-game, a new one every two days starting on Saturday, the last one would hit on the 11th. That one can be tagged under the poster, on websites. How does that work?

• "Can you hear the Remediated Love?  It's happening on February 14."
  • "Cupid will be Remediated near Celondim. Listen for the heart-beat on February 14."
  • "Roses are Red. Violets are Blue. We will Remediate Romance for You.  It will be seen, February 14. (Heard, too.)"
  • "Remediated Love is for Everyone. Singles and Lovers all meet in Celondim, February 14." 
  • "Remediated Love can be hard to find unless you go up the hill to the south of Celondim. February 14." 
  • "Not only the lonely will be Remediated at [29.3S, 92.6W], near Celondim, in Ered Luin, on February 14th at 9 O'Clock Servertime. Lovers will be Remediated, too."

Briallan
Officer

I like the idea -- we could do this on twitter and websites that we control. The issue is what do we do about lortoartists.com, which just has a calendar of events -- should we just wait and try to get an annoucnment in just a few days before the event? Or do we just announce all the concert details early there? In other words, there might be teasers in some media, and just an announcement in other media?

Ice Weasel

Hmmm... yeah, the teaser idea works on forums or twitter or facebook... but if all they have is a calendar, then all we can do is an announcement.  The DOWNSIDE to waiting is the chance another group claims the time. I don't know how serious that danger is. 

Maybe just put on the calendars: "The Remediators, Landroval, 9PM Servertime" 

We can update the information closer to the actual date. What do you think? Will that work?

Briallan
Officer

With Lotroartists, it's mainly that I don't control what happens or when it happens -- it belongs to the site owners, it's not public site where anyone can post what they want. I can only send in information to them, and they will reword it as needed to fit their format, and it gets onto their website when someone from their website has the time to do that. I'm sure the same applies to lotroplayers.

So, sure, that sounds like a good solution. I could just send in a generic announcement. Then closer to the date, I can ask them to modify it. Just reminding that we can't guarantee exactly what will happen when we use publicity channels where we don't have fine-tuned control over the content.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: