Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ice Weasel

re: Valentine's Day Concert

Yeah... I'll send out white dye.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Hobbelion

I'll check both of them, but I don't think I have them. Hobbedoc might have it since I don't look at his inventory very often, but couldn't say right now.

Hobbelion

I found it. I repeat... I found it. Check your mail Krok!

Ice Weasel

Excellent, Hobbs!!

For Valentines, we'll stay with the Red dyed Short Sleeve Elf Dress, and do White Fine Shirt and Trousers for the men.  It's a nice look together, for the dance.

I'll work on the LMB event costumes, likely the Mardi Gras theme will base on the Reveller's Gilded Tunic in the three colors. 

Briallan
Officer

Excellent! So, the lesson may be that we should try to get collect any one-of-a-kind items right soon after the concert is over so we spend less time trying to track them down later when we can't remember where it is.

Ice Weasel

Just had an in-game chat with Piperia of the Maidens of Vanimor.

I had seen this in the Lonely Mountain Press today:

Tirlo: 'The Dolwood Tavern Proudly presents... the Return of the Maidens of Vanimor.  Friday February 14th. Valentines Songs for Swinging Lovers and songs of an entirely different kind! All welcome at the Dolwood Tavern 9 Chestnut Street Bree Neighborhood 9:30 - 11 

According to Piperia, they've moved back to after our concert since seeing our announcements, so that blurb above is no longer completely accurate. I've offered to promote their event during ours, to help calm the waters.

She agrees that the "scheduling sites" don't seem to be working well. I'd be interested in trying to form an email group to help coordinate dates and times. Is that something we are interested in pursuing as a group?

We were also mentioned in the Lonely Mountain Press:

As I understand it The Remediaters (sic) are also doing a special Valentine event, so people may be hard pressed to decide which event to attend. Promoted as “A Valentine’s Day Sweetheart Ball”, the event is scheduled to begin at 9 pm up the hill south of Celondim.

So, the word is getting out, to some degree.

Briallan
Officer

Yes, I think we would be interested in a common location where bands could list their events. The only scheduling site that I am aware of is LotroArtists -- unfortunately, we can only ask them to list our events, which they have done in the past, but not recently (same for other bands as well), so I wonder if it is still being actively maintained.

What you are suggesting I think is just a list of emails of bandleaders, and you would mail your concert info to that list, so people are aware when you are scheduling something so its easier to avoid conflicts I guess, that would be one solution. Another thing might work is some site where any band leader who applies would be given 'write' permission to update the site calendar information directly, so bands wouldn't need to rely on someone else to do it for them. -- and that way, people who are interested in going to concerts could view the site but not update it.

We should also try to find out the status of lotroartists, since if it is not being updated anymore, I would be interested in knowing that. I will try to check with my LMB contacts and see if I can find out anything.

Siltharan
Officer

Hmm.. Would it be possible to set up a new GL site? Or another related site for bandleaders/organizers where they could update the calendar that way? Might be easier than collecting e-mails and keeping them updated. Basically Bri's idea rephrased and rethought a bit. ;)

Ice Weasel

The last "Final Proposed Set List" is now official.  The music won't change.

We don't anticipate doing the "X" encore pieces. Think of them as early submissions to future events. Or not. Simply there in case of whatever.

I will use today to do the part assignments.  My understanding is that the following will be there/be available:

• Ashigaru
  • Briallan, Andilras, Brytford, Ringolion, Siggarek, and a newer one I can't remember the name of
  • Hobbelion, Hobbedoc
  • Raventrick
  • Siltharan
  • Krohkur

We haven't heard from Drendroc or Delphyfer, is that correct?

Makes for 12 players. Am I missing anyone? I just want to give everyone a part...

I'll work on the assumption this list is accurate, and make edits if it's not. List ought to be up tonight.

Briallan
Officer

Radgallac is the new one you are thinking of. I heard back from Delphyfer -- he is travelling and will NOT be able to join us on Friday, so, yup, we have 12 confirmed musicians for the Friday concert.

Ice Weasel

Radgallac cool

Didn't need him, so I didn't have to put "That Other Guy" in any spaces. LOL

Spreadsheet is in the email.

Also, confirming:

Elven Short-Sleeved Dress being passed about for the Ladies to put in Wardrobe/Cosmetic Slot. Pre-dyed Red. (If Krohkur can get it back, I have a house chest with dyes and garments for the band. Thanks!)

Men will wear the Fine Shirt and Trousers that we've used a lot (currently BLACK from the Seeger Concert). White Dye has been mailed, please notify me ASAP if you need more. 

With that... By golly, I think we're good to go!  Let's try to meet up at the gig location (Ered Luin, [29.2S, 92.6W]... Up the stair/hill, south of the Celondim docks) no later than 8:45 Servertime Friday night. 

Thanks, all!

Ashigaru Trecalia

Will the spreadsheet be made available here anywhere so I can pen/paper synch readiness?

Yup -- just uploaded the parts assignment to the File Library of the Gallery (as Valentines_FINAL.xslx).

Ice Weasel

Yes, it's in the File section of the Gallery here.  I mailed it to Bri and she posted tonight. 

Hopefully, you like drums, Lady Ashigaru!

Ashigaru Trecalia

It's funny...I never used drums as a combat instrument. I was always more worried about power consumption.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: