Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ice Weasel

re: Future Concerts/LMB Events

Yes, the Reveller Gilded Tunic and Pants is unbound. It's what we did in White for Winterstock.

Frankly, I like it (at lest for the males) probably best of all the "band costumes".  It dyes well, has the nice gold filigree look, and seems more "lore-ish" than the tuxedo-vest look we do.

I'm open to any other ideas, though.  I've got my scholar cranking out dye in the relevant colors for this and Valentines, the actual garment is something we can settle in the next week or so.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Ice Weasel

Briallan wrote:

magical mystery tour - beatles
pink panther - movie theme
hotel california
ghost riders in the sky
do you believe in magic
((etc))

Tell her thanks! LOL

We do need the client to define more of what they want... The "haunted/spooky/witchy" stuff doesn't feel right to me... But I could be wrong.

There are some songs that "flirt" with the theme of mystery.  I like the idea of the Mystery Tour tune, and some of the movie/TV themes; I'm thinking more in terms of the Beatles "Do You Want to Know a Secret", "Maxwell's Silver Hammer", "Happiness is a Warm Gun", ... without lyrics, some people might get the joke, some won't.

Then again, I practice unlicensed, drive-by puns in real life, so my sense of humor is... odd.

Ice Weasel

I dropped a bunch of (not polished, needing tweaking) stuff in a "Mystery Maybe" folder in my dropbox. 

None of it may be the right thing... sort of "thinking out loud".

Incidentally... do you know how many Metal songs there are about killers/murder/etc?

Briallan
Officer

I like these outfits... the only thing I am wondering is if the ladies should wear the tunic too instead of gowns .. but don't really have strong feelings, just sort of like the tunic. What do other people think?

Briallan
Officer

Ice Weasel wrote:

We do need the client to define more of what they want... The "haunted/spooky/witchy" stuff doesn't feel right to me... But I could be wrong.

Actually you are correct .. just got some feedback from her today .. want to ask her a few more questions and will do a another post after that, but one point is that they want dance music for the mystery party... so I shouldn't have made assumptions before getting further info haha. We were on the right track for mardi gras though.

Briallan
Officer

Here is the follow-up guidance from Kiralynn. Based on this, I think we might still add a couple mystery-themed songs as "opener/closer/breaks in the dance action" or whatever -- I told her we would run a proposed song list by her prior to concert dates in case we want to consider some adjustments:

"Hello!

I made the announcement that you will be playing at these two events and the response has been very positive.  people remember you fondly from WinterStock.

The Carnival Ride on March 1 (2:30pm) would be best suited to Mardi Gras music.  You can Google a list of traditional songs or I'd be happy to mail one.  Please avoid playing "Mardi Gras Mambo" and "Let the Good Times Roll", as these are the songs the riding team will perform to.  I will supply the finished ABC file for that as soon as I can.  If you tell me how many band members to expect, I can also put together other ABC files if that is helpful.  You will need about 30-40 minutes of music, but you can play longer if you like.

For the Solve-A-Mystery event on March 15 (4pm), the theme is a spring Ice Wine festival.  Music suitable for dancing works best here, anything with a lively step and a beat.  Bring as much music as you like.  You could easily play for 60-90 minutes if you wanted to.

Thanks again and let me know if you have questions."

Ice Weasel

*Quietly removes "Mardi Gras Mambo" and "Let the Good Times Roll" from his dropbox...* 

I am finding a bunch of good zydeco. If others are doing some, I've found that Horn/Clarinet makes a good accordion if you double the track.  Bagpipe works on some, too.

So... Dance music. Pretty wide open "theme". I guess we focus on 6 part stuff that hops, then. I agree with a few "themed" tunes in the beginning. We may want to leave the end more open so we can quit when it seems good to do that, based on the audience.

On the tunic thing... I think dresses for Valentines is a must... but I kind of like the tunic look, especially for Mardi Gras colors.  I could see either for the Mystery gig.

Briallan
Officer

Yeah agree with dresses for valentine day, was only thinking of tunics maybe for one of the other gigs - - maybe we could do tunics for one and dresses for other and even switch colors (cuase we have same client in both cases). For valentines day colors: possibilities are (according to Yahoo Answers): white, red, and possibly pink -- prolly can 't go wrong if you choose from that....

Ice Weasel

Yeah, I did red and pink in the Valentines thread... White, I would go with the white dress we used before (the one with the gold belt). 

Ice Weasel

The Elven dress does take Kindred status with the Elves of Rivendendell, so that's out.

Suggestions?

Ashigaru Trecalia

The 2:30 and 4:00 P.M. times for the March performances...those are confirmed, yes? If so, I'll put them on KWL's calendar and notify the kinship.

The march 15 time got pushed back a bit to 4:45 to accommodate Die Meisterbarden who was just added as the other band on the bill for the second event; they will play just ahead of us. So here are the final times:

Carnival Ride Event: March 1, 2:15 PM EST (will run at least 45 minutes but we can play longer if we like)

Solve-A-Mystery Event: March 15, 4:45 -5:45 PM EST (though we can play longer if we like)

Briallan
Officer

Here are some more midi files we might consider using for the mardi gras event. A few of these may be dupes of stuff Krokhur already has, but most are new I think. Also, a few of these are kinda iffy, and prolly won't make good ABCs for one reason or another.

If you decide to convert some to ABCs, maybe you could post to this thread what you are doing, so we don't duplicate work.

EDIT: So far, I have produced ABCs for the following: When the Saints go marching in, iko iko, chanson de mardi gras, my true love, choupique, second line, tiger rag, bayou teche

Briallan
Officer

Lonely Mountain Band / Windy Acres Ranch was very happy with our performance at the Mardi Gras Carnival Ride on Saturday, and would like to know if we wanted to participate in the multi-day Spring Racing Carnival in May. This event has a lot of support from Turbine (much like Winterstock and Weatherstock), and they plan to make it even bigger this year. Here is a link to some coverage about last year's event

Here is the info I have so far from Kiralynn, the event organizer:

"There is a major event you might consider participating in.  The LMB hosts the Spring Racing Carnival in May.  I don't know if you have heard of this or not.  I believe this will be our fourth or fifth year hosting a massive, multi-day equestrian extravaganza.  Two years ago, we received incredible support from Turbine -- google for the Galloping Gala.  Hopefully there will be good support this year.  The SRC has multiple horse races, concerts, horse parades, contests, rodeo, and so forth.  It culminates in the Bree Cup championship race with a mind-blowing prize.  Last year I believe it was 300 gold and 5,000 Turbine Points.  We try to make it bigger every year.  Anyway, if your band would like to play during any portion of this event, let me know and I'll keep you in the loop.  The music theme is equestrian, which really covers a large range of styles.  We've had concerts with classic Western movie and TV themes, Flamenco, American young country western music, rodeo classics, and my personal favorite -- music from the chariot race of Ben Hur."

Hobbelion

I just thought of Vangelis's Chariot of Fire. I know it's a running theme, but also a racing theme. I just remediated that, but not too terribly confident in it so we could test it at one.

I'm out for three weekends in May so might not be able to participate depending on when it is

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: