Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Briallan
Officer

re: Future Concerts/LMB Events

I think if flamenco is OK so is chariots of fire -- chariots are drawn by horses, so I think we're on pretty firm ground, so to speak.

Ice Weasel

May is a bit far out for me to commit to. There's a lot of "until" between now and then.

"A dwarf minstrel who sings about goats... Krohkur? Is that you?"
Siltharan
Officer

First weekend of May is definitely out for me. Still waiting on work schedules for the second LMB event to determine if I can attend.

Ice Weasel

May is getting closer... we have a date for the May Windy Acres event yet?

Briallan
Officer

Haven't heard .. was hoping they might contact us when they knew more about the event ... if u run into Kiralynn on Player Council or other business, please give her a gentle nudge :)

Ice Weasel

Will do... Didn't want to schedule anything when we have things scheduled. LOL

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Ice Weasel

It looks like May 17th for the Spring Ride.

I haven't spoken with Kiralynn yet, but there is an item in this weeks Lonely Mountain Free Press about it.  LINKED HERE  (post dated April 9, ought to be the last one at the moment.)

Briallan
Officer

From just reading the post (here is direct link), the racing carnival organizers are hunting for people to provide music pretty much all day from 10am server time to perhaps as late in the evening as bands are available to perform. Some slots seem to have particular musical requirements (like 'racing' or 'name-that-tune') and others might be suited to more general party and dance music (like the evening concert slots).

Could people please respond as to whether they would be interested/able to play on this date, and what hours they could play (or would prefer to play)? We could try for whatever slots would allow the largest number of our band members to participate, or maybe those slots where people have a particular interest in playing for some particular type of event.

Ice Weasel

Good find, that post has more details, actually.

I'm good for about anytime (as usual).

The dressage event may have specific requirements (that's the portion of the Carnival Ride that Kiralynn supplied the music for). I'm not real clear on what "name-that-tune" would entail, either... I have an idea, but I could be all wrong.

Malvy
GDPR#3463094
Officer

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Ehn Farad

I'm available all day that day, so anytime would work for me. I'm on the West Coast so I'd prefer a time that lets me sleep in a bit, but it's not a deal-breaker for me. :)

Briallan
Officer

Thanks for everyone who responded so far. I understand time is an issue due to the geographic dispersal of our band members. We COULD probably do multiple time slots, but I would definitely want to do at least one slot that would work for everyone from West Coast US to central Europe.

Beyond that, please consider looking at the event description (link is above in this thread) and see if there is any particular time slot you would enjoy doing music for, since (IMHO) some of the time slots would be more suitable to different types of music than others.

I will probably respond to the event organizer tomorrow or the next day, based on what kind of additional responses I get on this thread as to people's preferences, since if we wait too long, some of the best slots might be filled by other bands.

Ehn Farad

Ooo, the horse show, the formation riding and the concert & fireworks seem the most fun to me, but I'm open to whatever works best timing-wise.

Ice Weasel

It is hard to pick... 

Might be interesting to do the noon set in the Shire... I don't think we've played the Shire (except for a Les Beaux Chapeaux slot at their kinhouse).

Ultimately, I'm up for anything... I might hesitate about the "Name-that-song" bit unless we knew more about that... 

Maybe the question should be: Is there any slot/activity that people absolutely don't want to or can't take part in?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Courserrim on Landroval Forum Index -> Minstrel Mayhem/The Remediators All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: